Whether you’re an occupational therapist, speech-language pathologist or physical therapist, getting a job right after graduating may seem daunting, especially if you’re not sure where you’d like to settle down or how much money you can expect to make as an entry-level therapist.
Fortunately, CompHealth can do the work for you — and help you earn more. A recent survey found that providers working with CompHealth earned salaries up to 16 percent higher than the national average for entry-level therapists in 2014.
Additionally, the data showed that 45 percent of new therapists received a sign-on bonus with their first job. Other findings include:
- Physical therapists earned $66,536, 6 percent more than the national average ($62,519)
- Speech-language pathologists earned $59,987, 16 percent more than the national average ($51,629)
- The majority of therapists were placed in jobs in the Southeast (27 percent), followed by the Southwest (25 percent).
- Therapists earned the highest salary in the Southwest ($68,677 on average), followed closely by the West ($67,667)
Why Work With CompHealth?
Now that you know how new grads placed through CompHealth fared in 2014, you may be wondering about the benefits of working with a staffing company. Here are just a few:
- Experience. Founded in 1979, CompHealth is one of the oldest staffing companies in the nation and has years of experience negotiating contracts and working with clients in every state.
- Personalized help. CompHealth has dedicated recruiters who’ll find out where you want to work and help you find the perfect job.
- Free services. Working with CompHealth is absolutely free to providers, who will also receive help with interviews and compensation negotiation.
Check out this slideshare
for the full report.