Tag - Allied Taxes

Tax Info for Non-Physician Healthcare Travelers: Tax Home Representation Forms

July 22nd, 2014 Your tax home status and location is pertinent to the determination as to whether you are eligible to receive tax-free travel benefits. If we do not receive this completed form prior to the beginning of your assignment, you will be deemed itinerant and ineligible for tax-free travel benefits.

Travel Tax Information for Non-Physicians: Commuting or Away from Home

February 2nd, 2014 Transportation benefits, meal and incidental per diem, housing allowance, or corporate paid housing will not be paid to non-physician travelers when the work assignment is within “commuting” distance of the tax home.

Housing Allowance Representation Form

April 2nd, 2013 Do you plan to find your own housing for your travel assignment? This housing allowance representation form allows you to receive a tax-free housing allowance, once you submit it to your recruiter with your packet.

Tax Tips: Break in Assignment / Restart the One-Year Clock

January 21st, 2013 As explained in the One-Year Limitation discussion, the IRS has long held that for away-from-home travel benefits (meal, housing, transportation) to be provided tax-free to the employee, the assignment must be “temporary”. “Temporary” is defined as less than one year and not indefinite. The rule is fairly objective.