- KevinMD.com -- When Kevin Pho created KevinMD back in 2004, he had no idea how popular the site would become. KevinMD now has more than 1,000 regular contributors (including primary care doctors, nurses and surgeons) and receives more than 1 million monthly page views. The site includes resources for both doctors and patients and includes a wide variety of topics, including policy, technology, social media, medication and education.
- 33Charts.com -- Want to learn more about how social media affects medicine? Check out 33Charts, a blog by Dr. Bryan Vartabedian, a pediatric gastroenterologist at Texas Children's Hospital and assistant professor of pediatrics at Baylor College of Medicine. Dr. Vartabedian writes brief posts almost daily about how the role of doctors is changing, along with his thoughts on current events in the medical field. RELATED: Tips for Staying HIPAA-Compliant on Social Media
- Dr. Shock MD, PhD -- Dutch psychiatrist Dr. Walter van den Broek has more than 20 years of clinical experience and posts frequently about neurostimulation as a treatment for depression, as well as other current events in psychiatry and medical education. He also shares healthcare-related videos and articles and maintains an active presence on Twitter.
- Academic Life in Emergency Medicine -- Edited by Dr. Michelle Lin, an associate professor of emergency medicine at the University of California San Francisco, this blog includes posts from doctors, residents and other healthcare providers and provides educational pieces about best practices in emergency medicine and medical education in general. Lin also frequently promotes FOAM (Free Open Access 'Meducation').
- Better Health Blog -- Dr. Val Jones became famous for her blog "Dr. Val and the Voice of Reason" and now anchors the Better Health blog with other frequent contributors. reform, research, science and patient care, the Better Health blog is a resource for healthcare bloggers and patients alike. Dr. Jones also has experience as a medical cartoonist and frequently shares her latest drawings on the blog. She currently travels across the country working as a locum tenens physician with various agencies.
The 5 Best Physician Blogs to FollowDecember 17th, 2013 2 Min read Blog
It's easy to get the latest healthcare news from newspapers and magazines online, but sometimes it can be refreshing to read what actual doctors have to say. Here are five of our favorite blogs, all written and managed by physicians: