Highlights of the article include how working locum tenens instead of retirement:
- Provides great scheduling flexibility and the opportunity to work when you want
- Allows you to spend more time with family and friends while still maintaining your medical career
- Visit friends or family in other parts of the country while still working
- Lets you ease into full-retirement at your own pace and on your own schedule
- Benefits both facilities and physicians by giving both groups what they need
If you're ready to phase out of full-time practice, but you want to keep making a difference in patients' lives, locums may be right for you.